2019/08/09

Re-attempt

The "Attempted weekly blog posts" thing didn't work out that well, but I have a new plan that should work. The monthly pictures actually take a lot time to create, and the timeslots I have available don't usually support that amount of concentration and/or time required to do them. This means that they are often bisected between a lot of smaller tasks, disturbing my workflow and productivity. The monthly art is generally more work intensive than it's worth to be honest. I have a better track record for producing art consistently in my Picarto streams than creating the monthlies, so I'm going to use it to change things up a bit.

I'm going to stop making monthlies, but my current backlog will be completed and posted with these blogposts (January, February, March, April, May, June, July), starting with January below.

I'm replacing the monthlies with "Stream themes". On Mondays I will post a list of possible themes on Patreon and one of them will be voted (by 4$ tier pledgers ) as the theme for the Friday/Saturday stream. The theme does not override the general idea of xenophilia/teratophilia, but they will inform the aesthetics/subjects of the pictures. The themes are fairly abstract and general to allow variety.

Weekly blog post format
It sounds crazy but I am still giving it another go. The blog post format will be art + development spotlight. "Art" means monthlies at first. When the backlog is exhausted, it will be something less refined compared to the monthlies. The art will be related to TU or be in general about xeno/teratophilia. "The development spotlight" will be about development news concerning TU, preferably with screenshot(s).

I am a terribly unorganized person, but I have the next week's art and development highlight already sorted out. I will be trying to do everything one week in advance as not to create time bottlenecks in my work.

Art

Moist greens and reds
High resolution

Dev spotlight

A new UI feature of V3 is the hub movement system. This is a clickable overview map with location names shown in a tooltip when hovered over. This hub system includes the overmap widget support that lets you save the game while inside the hub.

Notice the old widget covering Shyni's garden blip. The new widget will be located in the bottom left corner.
This feature was actually already planned during V1 development, which is why Taodal has an overview map in the first place. The feature is completely controlled by the dialogue scripting system, so it doesn't need any special authoring to implement. This was one of the requirements I set for it so writers can control it themselves.

6 comments:

  1. Yay updates!! You have no idea how excited i am to see this continue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. updates yay you are the best and take your time this game will turn out amazing and if you take your time it will be better and let me romance the witch XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. great work draco c:

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really an amazing artist, it is excellent.

    ReplyDelete