2019/10/07

Weekly update #9

Art

This week's art is some TU concept art for "Nyr". Nyr is the area to the 'south' of the familiar peninsula of Sejan and in the future it will be reachable by going through the sea wall at the southern tip of the current playable area.



Dev spotlight

It occurred to me that I have not actually elaborated on my plans on the game map and what areas I'm planning to expand to in the future. The V3 update will not add large new areas to the game, but updates V4 and V5 have some planned for them. I know writing about V4/V5 plans while V3 is still in development is a bit of a pie in the sky stuff, but writing good dev updates for V3 while I'm still fucking around with the UI code and dialogue is hard.


V4 will be the muds expansion that adds a large playable area of the muds to the game and a boat trip there from Taodal. Both the boat itself and the city of Rynsu (Muds city) will be hub areas like Taodal.


Nyr will be added with the city of Taskenean in V5. This update will also expand the muds area further. As for V3, it adds the Sejan islands which can be seen on the above map.

10 comments: